RCCC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYE race 2012

3 posters

Go down

NYE race 2012 Empty NYE race 2012

Post  Jessechop Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 am

There has allready been alot of talk about the NYE race for this year. So far I have:

Egg race
Lights out - oval and offroad. NOT FULL OFF ROAD!! Razz
Reverse race
Cone race
1/2 oval
100 lap pan car open. As long as it is a solid rear axle pan car it is in

Other than that throw ideas out there.

One question is do we do it on the 30th or the 31st

Jessechop

Back to top Go down

NYE race 2012 Empty Re: NYE race 2012

Post  Marcel Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:34 am

How about a teeter totter event? What is that you say?
you take a 24" board wide enough for a RC car to fit on you put a small piece of pipe under the center of the board. Then you drive your car /truck onto the board and try to balance it.
Marcel
Marcel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessechop Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:57 am

Great idea! I have seen it done at car shows. Timed event to get your car to balance. Quickest time wins

Jessechop

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessechop Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 am

It has been brought forth a idea to run a vintage off road.

Vinatge off road- must be 20 years old or older.
must be as close to stock as possible- i.e. no aftermarket chassis, no
updated shocks, etc.
Must run a vintage type tire, no fuzzies, bar codes, etc.
NO BRUSHLESS
Mechanical speed control +1 lap
Period correct esc, i.e. Novak 410-M5, Futaba MC210CB, etc +1/2 lap
Period correct radio +1 lap
Period correct stick radio +2 laps
Nicad +2 laps
Nimh +1 lap

Oldest car starts up front and drops back from there. Judge (me) reserves the right to add or subtract laps based on cool factor, and vintage factor. Vintage team wear from the 80's will gain points. ETC.

As you can tell this is about fun. If you are too caught up in it to not have fun, stay home!

Jessechop

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcel Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 pm

A little bird told me that Jesse has bought or was paid to take a Traxxas truck that he found while digging arround in the depth of the Mad Scientist's labratory. It is reported that he proudly displayed his find and a picture was taken as evidance. Jesse has always been known to try to accomplish the impossible. Even he admitts that he may have bit off more than he can chew. Winning a vintage off road with that truck with out bending the rules might be a tall order.

Tim O. has thrown his hat in the ring and we all know that Tim owns the larges Associate Electric vintage Rc collection that anyone has seen in these parts. People are asking what am I going to do? I seem to have some compeditive old Tamiyas and Kyoshos in my arsenal. I have an old Frog that is just like the first RC car that Ray Vogle owned which I might sponsor him for the race.

Everyone needs to dig deep and find your first off road vehicle that you raced and join us for the bragging right to having the most original and best vintage RC car raced New Year's Eve fun run.
Marcel
Marcel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessechop Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:18 am

FYI, thats a buggy! Traxxas Bullet. So, looks like I have 2 vintage buggy entries Laughing

Jessechop

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessechop Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 am

On the vintage racing, there seems to be a fair amount of intrest. If enough people show we car run a Buggy class, Pro Truck and or Monster Truck class. if it is old, bring it! We will find a place for it

Also, there is a sheet on the wall above my pit. If you have a idea for a race, food, entertainment, penquin clubbing or otherwise write it down on that paper! No promises, but if it is on there it has a better chance of happening. A full schedule will be available before the next race

Jessechop

Back to top Go down

Post  seniorcitizen Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 pm

I would think having the race on Sunday the 30th would be better. There may be some people have to work Monday. Have we decided on start time for NYE race? If we race the 31st the timing may have to be adjusted.

seniorcitizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessechop Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:19 am

This is what it is looking like on the 30th at noon.

New Years Eve Eve race 2012

Qualifying for 100 lap race - 2 laps timed. If more than 6 B Main immediately following. B Main will be 40 laps

Car show

Reverse race - 15 laps

One handed race- 15 laps

Figure 8 - 15 laps

20/20 driver switch- 20 laps with 1 driver then the score keeper will holler out - John Doe driver switch next lap. Next lap you switch with your other driver. They run 20 laps

Long jump contest

Cookie Jump

Egg race

Freestyle- 1 min per competitor. Will be 4 judges that score 1-10. Take top 3 If one of the judges is competiting you will only count 3 scores, no drop

Vintage race- 4 min

Lights out off road - 5 min

Lights out oval - 5 min

100 lap oval open. Must be a solid rear axle pan car, Open otherwise

Plus whatever else that seems like a good idea at the time!!

Jessechop

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcel Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 am

Looks real good I like it.
Marcel
Marcel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down